Good comparison of the various Blog software options.
BY Lon SafkoWed Jun 10, 2009 at 2:21 PM
As an author of The Social Media Bible, I am often asked, “What do I need to do engage my company, my products, and myself in social media?” The answer is easy: participate. Get out there and get involved. If you aren’t in the game, you can’t win. Here’s your Ten Commandments or things you need to be doing to get in and win with social media.
- Thou Shalt Blog (like crazy).
- Thou Shalt Create Profiles (everywhere).
- Thou Shalt Upload Photos (lots of them).
- Thou Shalt Upload Videos (all you can find).
- Thou Shalt Podcast (often).
- Thou Shalt Set Alerts (immediately).
- Thou Shalt Comment (on a multitude of blogs).
- Thou Shalt Get Connected (with everyone).
- Thou Shalt Explore Social Media (30 minutes per week).
- Thou Shalt Be Creative (go forth and create creatively)!
There will be communities without you, but this blogging thing is not a destination in the same way that you thought about your Web site. In fact, even for your Web site, you might consider what the user wants to do vs. the path you want to take him through, if there is a path at all.
Remember number 5 on this list, and that with a blog you’re very much in the art of possibility mode vs. the confines of the limited universe of one-way thinking. What would happen if you took a seat in the midst of the audience? What would you see, feel, experience, learn?